Welcome to the Schenectady Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Schenectady Police Department City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- The incident DOES NOT include any of the following (For the incidents listed,
you must call 518-382-5263 to file your report):
- Crimes with known suspect information
- Violent crime (personal assault, kidnapping, robbery)
- Sex crime (rape or sexual assault)
- Stolen vehicle (Theft of vehicle, trailer, motorcycle)
- Lost/Stolen license plate
- Domestic Violence
- Traffic accident involving an injury
- Burglary into a building or structure
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready
to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up
blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to
any of the questions please look at our Online
Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- After the review process in complete, you will be emailed a report number within 72 hours.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.