Welcome to the Schenectady Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Schenectady Police Department City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- The incident DOES NOT include any of the following
(For the incidents listed, you must call 518-630-0911 to file
- Crimes with known suspect information
- Violent crime (personal assault, kidnapping, robbery)
- Sex crime (rape or sexual assault)
- Stolen vehicle (Theft of vehicle, trailer, motorcycle)
- Lost/Stolen license plate
- Domestic Violence
- Traffic accident involving an injury
- Burglary into a building or structure
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready
to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up
blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to
any of the questions please look at our Online
Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- Make sure that email was sent.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
Please visit the link below to submit
the form online.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- After the review process in complete, you will be emailed
a reply with status within 72 hours.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Past Mischief, Past Forgery/Fraud, Past Theft, Suspiciuos Activity,
Drug Tips, Crime Tips
Using the Schenectady Police Department Police Online Citizen
Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please
choose one): this method of submitting form is alternate to the
link above, form below requires
For Past Fraud:
If you are the victim of identity theft or fraud please
get and keep all papers, receipts, cancelled checks, mail from
companies, etc. related to this crime. We may contact
you to get these items if needed and you should keep copies for
There are some groups you should get in touch with if you are
the victim of identity theft or fraud, some will ask for the report
number you get at the end of this online police report process.
- Protect your social security number and only give it out when
required by law.
- No bank, auction site or other business should send you an
email asking you to enter credit card information, passwords,
social security numbers or other personal information. Often
these fake emails will contain links to pages that look real
but are not. If you suspect you are being directed to a fake
site please go to the actual home web site of the company and
inform them of what has happened.
- Avoid mail theft by obtaining a locked mailbox and dropping
off outgoing mail at the local post office or postal mailbox.
- Do not give out your personal information or credit card number
over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Shred credit card offers and bank statements before you throw
them away if you do not plan on using them.
For Harrassing Call:
After completing your report,
please contact your phone service provider, as noted on your telephone
bill, with the report number you receive at the end of this process.
Follow your phone service provider's instructions and keep track
of when calls occur and the number they are from (if you have