NEWS RELEASE DETAILS
DATE/TIME: Friday, March 18th, 2005 / 03:15 PM
SUBJECT:7 ARRESTED IN UNDERCOVER DRUG INITIATIVE
On Thursday, March 17th, members of the Department’s Vice Squad and Patrol Division – in conjunction with New York State Police CNET-Capital – conducted an undercover initiative in Hamilton Hill that targeted both street-level drug dealers and drug buyers.
Seven Schenectady residents were arrested in this initiative.
Arrested for Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance-3rd degree and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance-3rd (both felonies):
* Courtney K. James, 21, 705 Stanley Street (also charged w/ Unlawful Possession of Marihuana, a violation)
* Denise R. Pendleton, 42, 424 Elm Street (also charged w/ Resisting Arrest, a misdemeanor)
* Duane E. Torres, 31, 1402 State Street
* Elijah J. Watkins, 22, 901 Stanley Street
Arrested for CSCS-3rd was Kareese A. Frazer, 23, 839 Union Street
Arrested for Loitering-1st degree (a misdemeanor) were:
* Israel M. Bradley, 17, 917 Strong Street and Richard T. Brown, 33, 968 Albany Street
This initiative was part of the Department’s continuing efforts to thwart illegal drug activity – and curtail the violence frequently connected to it – in order to improve public safety and the quality of life in the neighborhood.