NEWS RELEASE DETAILS
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, September 23rd, 2003 / 04:25 PM
SUBJECT:UNDERAGE DRINKING INITIATIVE RESULTS
On Saturday evening, September 20th, members of the Department’s Vice Squad and Patrol Division, in conjunction with the State Police and State Liquor Authority, conducted an underage drinking initiative (UDI) in which the following taverns were checked for people under the legal drinking age of 21 consuming alcoholic beverages:
• Casey’s, 98 McClellan St.
• The Horses, 912 McClellan St.
• The Last Resort, 2624 Broadway
• Gravel Gerties, 1526 Van Vranken Ave.
• Rupsis Tavern, 1549 Carrie St.
• Union Inn, 517 Union St.
• Gator McGee’s, 605 Union St.
• Manhattan Exchange, 607 Union St.
• Geppettos, 547 Nott St.
Geppettos was the only establishment where violations were found. Six people under the age of 21 were arrested for “possession/consumption of alcoholic beverage by a person under 21-years-of-age.” The tavern faces sanctions by the State Liquor Authority.
More UDIs will be conducted in the future as part of an ongoing effort to curb underage drinking in city establishments.