NEWS RELEASE DETAILS
DATE/TIME: Monday, November 24th, 2003 / 02:30 PM
SUBJECT:NOVEMBER 28TH CHRISTMAS PARADE TRAFFIC ADVISORY
Please be advised that extensive traffic restrictions will be in effect in downtown Schenectady for the annual Christmas parade this Friday evening, November 28th.
Motorists traveling through the City of Schenectady on Friday evening that are not attending the parade should avoid the downtown area.
The following roadways will be CLOSED from 4:30 p.m. until the parade ends:
* I-890 Westbound – Exit 4C (Washington Ave/Scotia)
Motorists planning to exit here should continue westbound on I-890 to its end at Route 5 in Glenville.
* I-890 Eastbound – Exit 4C (Washington Ave/Scotia)
Motorists planning to exit here should follow the signs to enter Erie Blvd., then bear to the left to re-enter I-890 westbound and proceed to the end to Route 5 in Glenville.
The following roadways will be CLOSED from 6:15 p.m. until the parade ends:
* State Street (from Washington Avenue to Lafayette Street)
* All streets intersecting State Street (from Washington Ave. to Lafayette St.)
* Western Gateway Bridge (westbound) to Scotia
Eastbound traffic will be permitted on the W.G.B. from Scotia, but will be detoured onto Washington Avenue to I-890.